I am so glad you found me.
I'm Hilary Mughloo - mama of three, spouse to one, world traveler, student of yoga and lover of kale! I became a holistic health coach to fulfill my passion for teaching you how to eat and how to live – to create a healthy body and mind, a healthy community, and a healthy world.
With over 15 years experience living and eating in a holistic way, I am honored to be able to meet you where you are – and guide you where you want to be!
If you are anything like I was, you are here because you are searching for a way to feel better - you know there is a better 'you' in there! But you need help letting your wise light shine. I am here for you.
Be wise. Feel light. Be well. Schedule a free initial consultation with me today.
My journey toward a holistic life is rooted in my childhood - I grew up in a beautiful rural place, surrounded by nature, and my family enjoyed a slow paced lifestyle. I love outdoor adventures to this day, and feel most at ease when I can get to a bit of wilderness and breathe deeply.
Regardless of having always led an active lifestyle, I struggled with emotional eating and a negative body image. My thoughts led the way - 'this' is too big, 'that' is too pudgy, my X is too flabby. Even at times of optimum health, when these thoughts were completely unwarranted, the mind is a tricky place.
I know you know what I mean.
I was played by the marketing appeals (remember the early '90s when we were all scarfing down "Snackwell's"? They're fat-free! Eat the whole box!) and the fad-diets of the day (Atkins, Blood-Type ... I've done those too). I became a vegetarian in the mid-'90s and thought cheese pizza, bread, and pasta were super choices. My weight has gone up and up, and down and down (yo-yo, anyone?). My moods and tricky mind were along for the ride.
In my quest over those years to find an easy fix for whatever body part was too this or too that, I discovered a few things. These are the guiding lights of my wisdom:
- There is no be-all and end-all way of eating for everybody. It's just not possible - foods that work for me will not necessarily work for you.
- Diets founded on deprivation and 'bad' foods do not work.
- What feeds my soul and nourishes me will not do the same for you - but knowing what those things are is as critical as knowing what foods make you feel the best (for me it's loud dinner parties with my family and friends, laughter, music, and a sense of community!).
- When we feed ourselves and our family with fresh, whole foods cooked with love it tastes better, and that's empowering.
- Food corporations do not have our health in mind when they advertise their product. They have stupefying amounts of money to spend on advertising so we think they do (they don't!).
- Unprocessed, whole foods are the way to go.
- Shopping locally and cooking at home saves money.
- We each have an inner wisdom about what is right for us. Listening is the key.
Do you feel overwhelmed about when, where and what to eat? Do you wonder why, even though you are the ideal weight for your body, you are stressed out and unhappy? Have you ever thought:
"How in the world am I supposed to cook for my partner and kids, sit down together at home while all are running in a hundred different directions? Hey wait, the pizza guy is on speed-dial!"
Let me be your guide.
For over 15 years, I have been implementing a holistic approach to food and lifestyle for myself and my family. The realization that I had information to share about wellness, and that I wanted to make my life about sharing this information, led me to my training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I am trained in more than one hundred dietary theories (including Atkins and Blood-Type ... see above!) and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods designed to help you make sense of all of this.
Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.
If this sounds like what you've been searching for, and if I sound like someone you'd like to meet, then schedule a free initial consultation with me today!
Let your wise light shine. You'll be happy you did.