The month of love and Valentine’s Day is upon us. While February is a great time to focus on others and show your love for those closest to you, it’s also a great time for some self-care:
Turning on my favorite music/movie and a favorite diffuser blend while I pamper myself is really one of my favorite things to do. Creating the space and time to enjoy self-care rituals is so nurturing to my soul. And when mama's nurtured? Everybody's nurtured! (Welp, in theory, anyway ha!). Here are some of my favorite ways for self-care days (and if you feel frisky you can always join in with a partner on some of these activities! make it a month-of-love plan):
1. Epsom Salt Bath: this will help you detox and de-stress from your everyday life plus it will help soothe your muscles. Epsom's salts are full of magnesium which is vital to our entire system!
2. Sugar Lip Scrub: in the dry, winter months our lips can take a beating! Make up a batch and do this on a routine basis to help your lips stay smooth and smooch-able ;) Great Valentine's Day gift!
3. Clay Facial Mask: this is made with Bentonite clay which has a ton of nourishing and detoxifying properties for your skin.
4. Strawberry-Lime Sugar Scrub: this is one that will make your winter skin SO SOFT and it also helps uplift your mood with the bright and fresh aroma. So good.
5. Bergamot Foot Mask: feet should not be out of mind just because they might be out of sight. Don’t forget to show them a little love, too!
What are some of your favorite self-care recipes? Let me know if you need access to the essential oils used in these recipes!